Our body is like a machinery that constantly reinvents itself and constantly evolves itself. It breaks down its own tissues and replaces them with new stuff, every minute and day. And it does all these from the combination of food we eat. Workouts cause the protein in your muscles to break down and build up much faster than it does in ordinary circumstances.
Here are some best lean muscle building foods:
- Cottage Cheese: It is a rich source of protein. It makes us keep fuller for long and its protein breaks down slowly and hence it prevents catabolism while you fast during the night.
- Eggs: Stick to having on to two eggs a day and see the difference in your energy levels. The protein content in every egg is 6 to 8 grams. Other than proteins, eggs are also rich in vitamins, zinc, iron and calcium.
- Spinach: It contains phytoecdysteroids, which aids in increased muscle growth up to 20 percent more. Leafy vegetables help a great deal if you are trying to build muscles and lose fat as they are enriched with the goodness of antioxidants.
- Sweet Potato: They contain fewer carbs than a medium potato. Sweet potatoes are also a good source of vitamin A, potassium, riboflavin, copper, pantothenic acid and folic acid. All these helps in replenishing energy and boost the muscle building process.
- Banana: The most popular choice with body builders, contains three types of sugars: Fructose, sucrose, and glucose. These sugars are of prime importance pre-and post-workout and during training. Bananas do not contain any fat and are cholesterol free along with being nutrient dense, making them the perfect pre-and post-workout snack and lean muscle built-up.
Credits: MS. SHEELA SEHARAWAT
(Dietician and Founder Member – Diet Clinic)
Ok! Lets talk, first me then my work. Well, to all I am known as a blogger. I started as a food blogger initially and I have a separate website for that too. Now I am blogging about fashion, lifestyle, travel, food etc. Reason I picked up different niches of blogging is that I didn’t wanted to stick particularly to food and I love being in the latest trends and also to curate different styles by mixing up the past, present & future. I started writing as a hobby, but out of sheer passion it took me to start my own blogs, now I run multiple blogs of my own and out of them, I got a few domains under my belt. Well, that was me, now my work, well it will speak for itself and for me.